AIC have been providing effective insurance solutions to healthcare professionals since 1974, and in that time have been the primary insurance broker and adviser in Ireland for Pharmacists.
In 2015 Frank Glennon Ltd announced the acquisition of AIC, who under the new brand name AIC Glennon continue to develop tailored bespoke insurance solutions for Pharmacists, taking into consideration the relevant regulatory and legislative obligations of the profession.
The AIC Glennon range of products include:
1. AIC Glennon Pharmacy Protection Insurance
This policy is specifically designed for Retail Community Pharmacies, and it provides for the most comprehensive cover available to the profession.
Summary Of Cover
- Fire & Perils
- Business Interruption
- Glass & Pharmacy Signs
- Money Cover
- All Risks
- Employers Liability
- Public & Products Liability
2. AIC Glennon Pharmacists Legal Fees Protection Insurance
The AIC Glennon Legal Fees Scheme for Pharmacists, is the only Legal Fees Protection insurance in Ireland underwritten by DAS, which covers legal costs associated with Fitness to Practise proceedings brought against a pharmacy/pharmacist by the Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland (PSI)
Summary of Cover
- Legal costs associated with fitness to practice proceedings initiated by the PSI.
- Defence of claims by employees, ex-employees or prospective employees for unfair dismissal or alleged discrimination.
- Defence of your pharmacy registration.
- Defence of your GMS contract arising from civil action .
- Defence of criminal prosecution under the Health & Safety at Work Act etc.
3. AIC Glennon Pharmacists Professional Indemnity Insurance
Probably the most important insurance consideration for pharmacists is the AIC Glennon arranged professional indemnity policy. Whilst some professional indemnity covers provide indemnity for dispensing errors, our policy provides a very broad and comprehensive protection for the Pharmacist and the Pharmacy business. This policy is the preferred choice for the vast majority of Retail Community Pharmacists in the Republic of Ireland.
Summary of Cover
- Indemnity for all unintended breaches of professional duty, including incorrect advice given and failure to give advice where appropriate
- Breach of warranty of authority, libel or slander, in good faith
- Breach of confidentiality
- Infringement of copyright, trademark etc., in good faith
- Compounding and dispensing of drugs and medicines for retail purposes
- Emergency treatment given, as permitted by Statute Sale of OTC items Advice given in connection with the pharmacy business of insured member
- Policy covers Insured Member, Employee & Locum Pharmacists & Pharmacy Assistants
Interested? Just Contact Us!